Dinner With the Maloys
Dinner at the Maloy house is always an adventure. We all gather around the kitchen table, say prayer, and dig in, every man for themselves. This is one of the few times during the day that we are all together. I get to learn what food my family likes and doesn't like (for the day). No conversation is off limits, which leads to a ton of laughing, debates, expanding of knowledge, new music, dance offs, life lessons, and most importantly where we are at on our goals as individual's and a family. I try hard to give my family balanced meals every night but lets face it life is completely crazy and exhausting, it doesn't always go as planned! We may not have three course meals every night but even those nights of cold cereal and oatmeal we spend dinner together around the table as a family!
Cayenne Chicken with Peach Salsa
4-6 Peaches- halved
Cilantro Lime Rice
Long Grain Rice
Thanks for the ingredients list Ceci… How do we put it all together?!?!?!?!?!
1. Mix cayenne, salt, and pepper together- Rub on chicken- let stand
2. Halve/Pit peaches- chop green onion, jalapeno, chipotle pepper, and cilantro.
3. Slice squash into 1/4 to 1/2" steaks
4. Grill peaches- 3 to 5 minutes per side- Remove from heat
5. Dice peaches- mix with chopped ingredients- Place in fridge
6. Grill chicken- cook until 160 degrees- Remove from heat- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes
7. Cook rice according to package- Once all liquid is gone- Fluff- add lime juice, cumin, and cilantro. Mix well
8. Grill squash- 5 minutes per side- wrap loosely in foil- add butter, salt and pepper- leave on grill until
chicken and rice are done - Remove and dice.